So much can be learned from this fictional person, who is very real in our heart. There is something we all identify with in Mary Poppins. More than nostalgia, we love Mary Poppins because so many of her qualities speak to who we want our best versions of ourselves to be. The following is a list of parenting lessons from Mary Poppins.
- You can get your kids to do just about anything if you sing it to a song.
- Children need boundaries, it is important at times to be stern.
- It is also just as important to sometimes be silly.
- And getting messy with your kids is jolly good fun.
- A little song, dance, and imagination goes a long way.
- If you have a sunny disposition, people will crave to be around you, including your children.
7. Sometimes the best way to handle conflict is to agree and suggest a positive outcome or choice. They will choose something you want without even knowing it.
8. Never underestimate how simple it can be to spend time with your kids. Go fly a kite, they will love it.
9. Sometimes it is important just to laugh.
Happy Anniversary Mary Poppins… Thanks for everything!